Umhambi Lodge is conveniently located within the growing hub of Richards Bay, about 170km from Durban. It offers a distinctly African experience, with a relaxed environment for both the business & leisure traveller.
Home of the Traveller
With a variety of rooms, guests of Umhambi Lodge have the choice of selecting either a self-catering option or enjoy the luxury of being catered for with our famous buffet breakfast. Our spacious rooms, ranging from standard to deluxe, can accommodate between 2-4 people & include all the normal necessities. Umhambi Lodge is able to host up to 45 people, ideal for conferences.
- Two swimming pools
- Braai facilities (only self-catering units have cutlery & crockery)
- Conference/Function room
Located in the pretty suburban area of Meer-en-See which is easily accessed from the Main highway, making it close to the city center & other amenities.
- Lake St Lucia – Here you will find the UNESCO World Heritage site, iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Africa’s largest estuarine system that sustains an awe-inspiring ecosystem.
- Shakaland – Shakaland is a living monument to Zulu culture. It is here that people from all over the world come to experience the lifestyle, social system and rich culture of the Zulu nation.
- Empangeni Arts and Cultural Museum – Museum has a representative collection of contemporary Kwa-Zulu Natal artists works and an ethnographic collection of the regional culture.
- Tuzi Gazi Waterfront – Tuzi Gazi Waterfront offers a range of eateries catering for every palate. We offer convenience stores and boutiques shops. When evening falls, vibrant nightlife emerges.