Umhambi Lodge is conveniently located within the growing hub of Richards Bay, about 170km from Durban. It offers a distinctly African experience, with a relaxed environment for both the business & leisure traveller.
Home of the Traveller
With a variety of rooms, guests of Umhambi Lodge have the choice of selecting either a self-catering option or enjoy the luxury of being catered for with our famous buffet breakfast. Our spacious rooms, ranging from standard to deluxe, can accommodate between 2-4 people & include all the normal necessities. Umhambi Lodge is able to host up to 45 people, ideal for conferences.
- Two swimming pools
- Braai facilities (only self-catering units have cutlery & crockery)
- Conference/Function room
Located in the pretty suburban area of Meer-en-See which is easily accessed from the Main highway, making it close to the city center & other amenities.
- Lake St Lucia – Here you will find the UNESCO World Heritage site, iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Africa’s largest estuarine system that sustains an awe-inspiring ecosystem.
- Shakaland – Shakaland is a living monument to Zulu culture. It is here that people from all over the world come to experience the lifestyle, social system and rich culture of the Zulu nation.
- Empangeni Arts and Cultural Museum – Museum has a representative collection of contemporary Kwa-Zulu Natal artists works and an ethnographic collection of the regional culture.
- Tuzi Gazi Waterfront – Tuzi Gazi Waterfront offers a range of eateries catering for every palate. We offer convenience stores and boutiques shops. When evening falls, vibrant nightlife emerges.
The Expedition Project is a social enterprise! Please use the enquiry form below – by doing so you are supporting both this partner and nearby community and conservation projects at no extra cost. You will also get access to similar projects, accommodation discounts and special offers.