Naries is a beautiful & romantic hideaway on the edge of the Spektakelberg between Springbok and Kleinzee. We offer a unique experience amid spectacular scenery. We are well positioned for exploring the greater Namakwa Region from the Richtersveld in the north to the shipwrecks in the west, and during the wild-flower season, we are right where the action is
State of the Art, Private, Romantic & Luxurious
The barren plains of the north-western interior caught the attention of the Dutch settlers from the earliest days. In 1655, a mere three years after landing at the Cape of Good Hope, the first expedition of its kind, lead by Jan Windvogel, set off from the Cape Town castle aiming to explore and make contact with the people groups in the interior north of the Cape.
The first recorded contact between the Nama-people and Dutch settlers took place in 1661 when an expedition led by Pieter van Meerenhof ventured into what later became known as Namaqualand. Although impressed by the peaceful nature of the Nama’s, it was his account on the wealth of their metal ornaments that caught the attention of his sponsors back home, resulting in numerous explorations into the copper rich mountains of the region.
- Naries hosts 3 Luxurious En-suite Namakwa Mountain Suites.
- Breakfast & Dinner are served in our Manor House Dining Room. (Note: Naries does not have a public restaurant on site. Our cuisine is carefully planned, prepared and served for in-house guests only. Naries caters for all dietary preferences if we are notified in advance).
- Each suite is equipped with a Tea & Coffee Station and a small Bar Fridge.
- Child Policy: We can accommodate children age 12 & older, provided that they are willing to share a 2nd Unit. Normal adult rates apply. Children 11 years or younger cannot be accommodated.
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed