The Agulhas Biodiversity Initiative (ABI) is a landscape initiative. That sounds more confusing than it is. In fact, we’re the conservation coordination hub of the Overberg region of South Africa. If you’re an ABI Partner, then you are ABI. Our ABI Partners choose to live the ABI Way: To work together to secure a productive healthy natural environment, to benefit all, in the Overberg. ABI is currently coordinated by Flower Valley Conservation Trust.
ABI has five tasks, known as the 5c’s:
- To convene interested and affected parties
- To collate information and data
- To communicate with all parties
- To conceptualise projects and initiatives
- To help raise capital for priority activities