Gwahumbe Game Lodge and Spa, Just an hour’s drive from Durban – or a 45 minute drive from Pietermaritzburg, Gwahumbe Game Lodge and Spa offers a wide variety of catered and self catered accommodation ranging from ultimate luxury to a rustic bush camp. We are “Wilderness on a Whim” – the perfect getaway to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the bushveld.
The Ultimate Intimate, Relaxing Bush Experience
Gwahumbe Game Lodge Accommodation, exquisitely furnished & tastefully decorated units including the 6 to 8 sleeper Eagles Nest, 4-sleeper Serengeti & Raised A-Frame thatched huts for a real African experience.
Game drives are undoubtedly the best way to view our exceptional fauna & flora, offering the opportunity to get up close and personal with the game in a natural setting. As our reserve is relatively small, there is always an excellent chance for guests to view our variety of game, such as hippo, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra and many antelope species to name but a few. The Reserve enjoys an abundance of animals and birds.
- Testing your driving skills on challenging 4 x 4 trails
- Bring along your mountain bike to navigate our 18km fully marked route which forms a part of the Mid-Illovo Husqvarna Classic Mountain bike race
- Teambuilding activities
- Enjoying game viewing drives in open Land Cruisers
- Hiking through the dramatic Gwahumbe Gorge
- Bird watching
- Enjoying a refreshing dip in the pool at the lodge or at the waterfall or just relaxing and taking in the breathtaking scenery.
- Spoil yourself at our well equipped Spa which includes – steam room, hydro bath and a variety of touch and beauty therapies by our qualified therapists.
The Expedition Project is a social enterprise! Please use the enquiry form below – by doing so you are supporting both this partner and nearby community and conservation projects at no extra cost. You will also get access to similar projects, accommodation discounts and special offers.
Direct links: Website | Facebook | Instagram