Closing date for applications is: 22 January 2024
About Sporting Chance: Sport speaks a universal language, which breaks down barriers and cuts through income and ethnic divides. It is this belief in the power of sport to positively change young lives, which has motivated Sporting Chance since it was established in 1990. Over the years Sporting Chance has grown to become a leading sports coaching and development organisation in South Africa with a powerful and recognizable brand.
Role Title: Coaching Services Manager with Sporting Chance
Reports to: General Manager & MD Direct
Reports: Coaches in the field
Remuneration: Market Related
Job level: Mid
Region: Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
Start Date: February 2024
Main Purpose of the Role:
To take on the exciting challenge of managing and marketing the coaching services (school term and private coaching, holiday clinics, birthday parties, school and corporate events) ensuring they are organised and run professionally with high quality coaching. To identify new business opportunities and growth areas to develop. To recruit, train and manage the coaching team as well as to handle the administrative tasks of the services offered.
• “Be the awesome, professional new face of the Sporting Chance Coaching Services!”
• Identify new business opportunities and growth areas to expand the Coaching Services, create leads and pursue these opportunities.
• Recruit, train and place appropriate coaches for all coaching services offered by Sporting Chance, ensuring selected coaches have relevant experience, qualifications, energy, etc.
• Grow the pool of coaches and provide consistent training, mentoring and support for your team of coaches.
• Handle all administration of the coaching team including recon of coaches’ timesheets, contracts, etc.
• Co-ordinate all aspects from marketing to operations of the holiday coaching clinics with the assistance of the General Manager.
• Co-ordinate all aspects of birthday parties from bookings, coach’s placement, parent liaison, feedback, etc.
• Liaise and ensure effective communication between Sporting Chance, coaches, parents and schools and escalate where required.
• Work with the General Manager on the reconciling of all finances related to the Coaching Services offered.
• Consistently anyalse and evaluate the Coaching Services with the management team.
• Design and update coaching programmes/manuals as required.
• Do regular coaching sessions yourself to be seen, keep up to date and engaged on coaching methods.
• Market and promote all Coaching Services to schools, learners and parents.
• Manage team members in such a way that they are motivated, energized and empowered.
• Continuously manage and monitor all coaching equipment and relevant branding.
• Perform general office duties, including managing the office cell phone at all times (including after hours).
• Contribute to the social media strategy and content development of Sporting Chance.
• Continuously seek to maintain and uplift the image of Sporting Chance.
• Be an active and engaged member of the Sporting Chance office team.
• Relevant qualification (preferably Sports Science/Coaching/Sports Management diploma/degree)
• Drivers license and access to vehicle
• Coaching experience in Cricket/Soccer/Rugby/Hockey/Netball
• Experience managing/co-ordinating a team of people
• Computer literacy – MS Office
• Sales and marketing skills (including social media)
How to apply: Please apply to [email protected] with a motivating paragraph and your CV by 22nd January 2024