There are many highly skilled and experienced wildlife veterinarians in South Africa who have made significant contributions to the field.
Some of these veterinarians include:
- Dr Peter Rogers – He is one of the most renowned wildlife vets in the world, especially for his work in cheetah genetics and rhino conservation. He has also worked with many different wildlife species and has been involved in the conservation of elephants, pangolins, and other large mammals in South Africa.
- Dr Dave Cooper – He is a well-known wildlife veterinarian who has worked with many different species of animals. He is also the founder of the Wildlife ACT Fund, which works to protect endangered species in South Africa.
- Dr Cobus Raath – He has extensive experience in wildlife medicine and has worked with many different species of animals, including lions, cheetahs, and elephants.
- Dr Johan Marais – He is a well-known wildlife veterinarian and founder of the South African Veterinary Association for Wildlife Management. He has worked extensively with rhinos, elephants, and other wildlife species.
- Dr Chris Boshoff – A specialist in common species and game management, Dr Boshoff is well known in the Limpopo region among farmers and reserves alike.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there are many other highly skilled wildlife veterinarians in South Africa who are doing important work in the field.