Closing date for applications is: 21 November 2023.
Groenkloof (Head Office)
SANParks requires the services of a Senior Manager: Tourism Standards. This position will be based in Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria, and will report directly to the General Manager: Revenue and Yield.
Interested persons who meet the above-stated qualifications should forward their applications which should consist of a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualification(s), and Identity Document (certified within 3-month period) to the following address:
Human Resources Division
SA National Parks
PO Box 787
Fax: 086 295 4078
E-mail: [email protected]
If you have not received a response within 21 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Be in possession of a Bachelors Degree in Tourism Management or Hospitality or Hotel Management.
- Should have 4 to 6 years of supervisory or management experience in an audit, quality assurance, hotel, or standards area.
- Should have 2 years experience in hotel management and 3 years in general management in a hotel.
- Understanding of eco-tourism.
- Understanding of the tourism and service industry.
- Understanding of customer care.
- Reservation and front office system.
- Knowledge of the Star grading system.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Should be Computer literate.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communications skills.
- Computer skills.
- Project management skills.
- Financial Management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Customer service skills
- Contribute to the development of policies related to tourism.
- Support and contribute to the formulation of the Tourism Standards Strategy.
- Develop and implement procedures and standards.
- Maintain and monitor procedures and standards.
- Coordinate tourism grading assessments organisationally in conjunction with the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
- Facilitate/coordinate tourism standard-related audits in the parks.
- Advise on the specifications of procurement for tourism goods and services.
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate corporate tourism customer care function.
- Manage customer feedback mechanisms and provide management reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the budget.
- Assist in the coordination of department-related audits.
- Identify training needs and recommend to Regional Managers.
R 749 266 – R 1 228 440
More details here.