Week 33…Cape Agulhas to Gordon’s Bay
20 August 2012
From Cape Agulhas, we took a all-day drive visiting several towns including Napier, Elim, Die Dam, Buffeljagsbaai, Pearly Beach and Gansbaai before settling in Stanford for the night. Accommodation for the night at Blue Gum Country Estate
21 August 2012
From Stanford it was a short drive to Hermanus passed De Kelders. We met up with Lee-Anne from ShowMe Hermanus who had set up project visits for us for tomorrow. Accommodation thanks to Hermanus Lodge on the Green and an amazing dinner at Burgundy.
22 August 2012
After a radio spot on Whale Coast FM, Lee-Anne from ShowMe Hermanus escorted us around a few local social projects. It was then onto Elgin and the small nearby village of Houw Hoek. Accommodation for the night thanks to Wildekrans Country House and dinner courtesy of Houw Hoek Inn.
23 August 2012
After a hike around Houw Hoek, it was onto Kleinmond. Local resident Klem showed us around several projects and made a few introductions on our behalf making my arrival so easy and welcoming. Accommodation thanks to The Grail Centre.
24 August 2012
We met with Chris from Pinotage Bistro & Deli for brunch and an excellent brunch it was, and then we moved on to Betty’s Bay. After a stop to see the local Penguin colony, we checked into La Cachette, our hosts for the night and contacts for the area.
25 August 2012
From Betty’s Bay, it was a short drive to Pringle Bay and due to a day of rain, it was an admin day for us. This was made comfortable by Karen of Moonstruck on Pringle Bay, our accommodation for the night. Karen had also kindly arranged a dinner for us at Hook, Line and Sinker.
26 August 2012
Onto Gordon’s Bay, and this will be our base for a few days in order to explore and investigate not only this town but the surrounding areas.
…of the week:
- Towns visited this week – Hogterklipbaai, Napier, Elim, Die Dam, Buffeljagsbaai, Pearly Beach, Gansbaai, Stanford, Caledon, Hermanus, Onrus, Botriver, Elgin, Grabouw, Kleinmond, Betty’s Bay, Pringle Bay, Gordon’s Bay
- Accommodation sponsored this week – Blue Bum Country Estate, Hermanus Lodge on the Green, Wildekrans Country House, The Grail Centre, La Cachette, Moonstruck on Pringle Bay, Berg on Zee
- Food sponsored this week – Burgundy, Houw Hoek Inn, Pinotage Bistro & Deli, Hook, Line & Sinker
- Highlight of the week – Hermanus and Kleinmond projects
- Accommodation of the week – Wildekrans Country House
- Meal of the week – Burgundy
See you in a week…