Early release discount here!
This is a dynamic course so it may grow over time – at no extra cost once purchased. Some lessons are subject to change!
Wildlife Conservation in South Africa – A Dynamic Introduction (20+ hours).
Meet, learn and interact with presentations and discussions on topics such as – The implications of conservation and management, Shark research, Large carnivore ecology, Breeding coastal seabirds, Empowering communities to protect wildlife and assist conservation, Pollinators of the Fynbos (national plant of South Africa), Monitoring wildlife and lessons from carnivores, Protecting the protected through assessing driver behaviour in protected areas of South Africa, and more!
Collaborating organisations include – Marine Dynamics, Cape Leopard Trust, Endangered Wildlife Trust, Zululand Conservation Trust, Amakhala Foundation, Natures Valley Trust, Biowise, Terry-Lee Honiball, Dr Peter Rogers BVSc
When to take the course
Participants can make use of this before, during, after or instead of visiting our projects in person.
This online course can be taken at your own pace and in your own environment.
How it works
Each course in this series consists of modules each with summary quizzes to assess your understanding of the subject.
In order to progress through the course, you will need to click on COMPLETE LESSON at the end of each page.
Some lessons will contain quizzes which will need to be taken to get an assessment of your results at the end and progress to future modules.
What you need
Laptop or PC is preferable, rather than a mobile phone.
You may encounter issues on Mac Safari browsers. Other browsers are preferred.
Make notes and get your questions ready as you will have the chance to discuss what you have learnt with other students and our teachers and wildlife vets.
Making the most of it
Are you ready to begin?Start the first lesson
- Marine Dynamics Background
- Marine Dynamics Overview
- Marine Research & the Underwater World
- Marine Research
- Marine Big 5 Data Collection (Live)
- The Underwater World (Live)
- African Penguin Protection
- African Penguins (Live)
- Southern Africa’s Great White Shark
- White Shark Research (Live)
- Bronze Whaler Sharks
- Whales of South Africa
- Marine Dynamics Call to Action
- Dr Peter Rogers Background
- Cheetah Management
- African Rhino Management Part 1
- African Rhino Management Part 2
- Temminck’s Ground Pangolin Management
- African Elephant Management Part 1
- African Elephant Management Part 2
- African Elephant Management Part 3
- African Lion Management Part 1
- African Lion Management Part 2
- Lessons from a Wildlife Vet (Live)
- ProVet Animal Hospital Call to Action