Week 30…Jeffreys Bay to Oyster Bay
30 July 2012
Drive from JBay to Loerie. A longer drive than normal for us during this leg of the journey so we took our time to take it all in as we moved away from the coast for a few days and towards the Gamtoos Valley. Accommodation and food at Loerie Ruskamp for two nights.
31 July 2012
A rainy day in Loerie and at Loerie Ruskamp. Interesting meeting with Oumies and Joe of Loerie Ruskamp about the local tourism success story.
1 August 2012
A good full day in Patensie, lunch at Padlangs and a night at the Ripple Hill Hotel.
2 August 2012
A slow exploration drive from Patensie to Baviaanskloof and then back through Hankey to Humansdorp, lunch at Le Chameleon and then a night at Humansdorp Boutique Hotel.
3 August 2012
A day in Humansdorp and then arrival in Cape St Francis in the evening and checked into Lyngefjord House.
4 August 2012
A full day in Cape St Francis and St Francis Bay gave us a great opportunity to understand the very real threat the locals are facing with the proposed Thyspunt Nuclear Plant planned to be built. On the one hand, you have jobs and on the other, you have environmental degradation.
5 August 2012
Onto Oyster Bay from Cape St Francis. The road was flooded due to this past week’s rain so the drive was interesting. We will be hooking up with Jacque from the Oyster Bay Lodge to hear about the area and go on a dune safari and then stay at the Oyster Bay Beach Lodge.
…of the week:
- Towns visited this week – Loerie, Hankey, Patensie, Humansdorp, St Francis Bay, Cape St Francis
- Accommodation sponsored this week – Loerie Ruskamp, Ripple Hill Hotel, Humansdorp Boutique Hotel, Lyngenfjord House, Oyster Bay Lodge
- Food sponsored this week – Loeire Ruskamp, Padlangs, Le Chameleon
- Highlight of the week – Loerie Ruskamp success story
- Lowlight of the week – Lack of project identification
- Accommodation of the week – Lyngenfjord House
- Meal of the week – Padlangs and Le Chameleon
See you in a week…