Week 26…Scottburgh to Margate
25 June 2012
We left lovely Scottburgh and our stay at Ediston Inn for Park Rynie and Rocky Bay. Ellingham Resorts and the Bell & Anchor were to be looking after us and hosting us for one night (we wish it had been two)
26 June 2012
From Rocky Bay, we drove the short distance to Hibberdene and through a few much poorer areas than the previous stops of Park Rynie, Scottburgh and Umkomaas. Accommodation for the next two days at Khaya La Manzi.
27 June 2012
A day in and around windy Hibberdene. Khaya La Manzi made a really nice braai in the evening and introduced us to some inspiring locals, including Tyler and Angela from Thand After School Centre.
28 June 2012
We visited the inspiring Thanda After School Centre in Sipofu outside of Hibberdene, interviewed a few local surfers and moved on to Thandulula Tented Camp. Dinner at Jazz Restaurant in Umtentweni
29 June 2012
Oribi Gorge and the biggest bungee swing in Africa as well as the famous Oribi over-hanging rock were on the agenda for today. Dinner at Zizi’s Restaurant @ Umdlalo Lodge in Umtentweni
30 June 2012
From Southport and Untentweni we drove through Port Shepstone, Shelly Beach, St Michaels on Sea to Uvongo. Saturday morning flea market was our activity for the day before settling into H2O B&B in Uvongo.
1 July 2012
Onto Margate, the famous south coast holiday destination. The coast leg back to Cape Town continues down the south coast of KZN
…of the week:
- Towns visited this week – Park Rynie, Rocky Bay, Pennington, Hibberdene, Sipofu, Southport, Umtentweni, Port Shepstone, Oribi, Shelly Beach, St Michaels on Sea, Uvongo, Margate
- Accommodation sponsored this week – Ellingham Resorts, Khaya La Manzi, Thandalula Tented Camp, H2O B&B
- Food sponsored this week – Bell & Anchor, Khaya La Manzi, Jaxx Restaurant, Zizi’s @ Umdlalo Lodge
- Highlight of the week – Visiting Thanda After School Centre
- Lowlight of the week – Not being able to bungee swing at Oribi Gorge
- Accommodation of the week – Thandalula Tented Camp
- Meal of the week – Curry at Zizi’s
See you in a week…