Week 23…The halfway mark for 2012 and onto Durban.
4 June 2012
Another day in Ballito and at Coco de Mer and our much-anticipated beach survey full of surf conditions, sea changes, interviews and photographs. The start of many years ahead of annual assessments.
5 June 2012
Rog dropped Maddy off at Kong Shaka for her two-week trip home and then the lone expeditioner moved onto Annies Guest House in Durban North.
6 June 2012
After a few conversations with Derryn Cambell of Awesome SA, Rog met with her at Angelos Trattoria in Umhlanga to discuss the workings and production of The EXPEDITION Project’s annual photographic journals and story books. Collaboration is in the air again. Rog had his first haircut courtesy of Fresh Hair, Umhlanga. Feeling sharp again!
7 June 2012
Onto Durban and Sica’s Guest House, then a long tour of Durban, Westville, West Berea, Berea and The Point before dinner at Wodka @ The Docklands Hotel.
8 June 2012
Our meeting with Quiksilver was postponed until next week as so this gave us time to hear more about the new eThekwini campaign for Durban which entails turning the city into ‘Africa’s most caring and liveable city’ – look forward to following the progress of that. Quick lunch at Wodka @ The Docklands Hotel – thanks to Rath and the team.
9 June 2012
A weekend full of computer work based at Sica’s Guest House, in fact so much work that for Saturday and Sunday Rog didn’t leave his room.
10 June 2012
Arrghh…more typing up and computer work!
…of the week:
- Towns visited this week – Ballito, Durban North, Durban
- Accommodation sponsored this week – Coco de Mer, Annies Guest House, Sica’s Guest House
- Food sponsored this week – Coco de Mer, Annies Guest House, Angelos Trattoria, Wodka @ The Docklands Hotel, Sica’s Guest House
- Highlight of the week – Rog getting his first haircut in six months at Frsh Hair, Umhlanga
- Lowlight of the week – Saying farewell to Maddy for two weeks
- Accommodation of the week – Sica’s Guest House
- Meal of the week – Wodka steak
See you in a week…